1/2 c. canned pumpkin (pure pumpkin – not pie filling)
3 scoops unflavored or cinnamon flavored whey protein
5 tbsp coconut flour*
2/3 c. Eggland’s Best egg whites
1 tsp baking powder
*Other types of flour may be substituted, but I prefer coconut flour due to the high fiber content (2.5 grams/tablespoon).
1/2 c. sugar free maple syrup
4 tsp. almond butter, smooth
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a bowl, mix all ingredients for the muffins
3. Spoon into a muffin tins that have been sprayed with non-sticking cooking spray or muffin cups.
4. Place in oven and bake for about 10-15 minutes. The muffins are cooked when you can insert a toothpick into the center and it comes out clean and the top is slightly brownier.
5. Remove from oven, and allow to cool slightly.
6. Microwave the glaze ingredients for about 15-20 seconds. Remove from microwave and stir well.
7. Dribble or spread the glaze on the muffins, set on a rack or plate to cool and sprinkle with cinnamon.